Friday, March 27, 2009

A Free Web Service To Shorten Your URL And Track Your Referring Sites

 
Today I stumbled on a site that provides free service to shorten long URL's.  Competing with a list of  existing URL forwarders, urlzoom.org is providing much more than redirecting sites. Urlzoom.org provides you with trackable tiny url's where you can monitor all the referring sites to your blog  including the date and time of all the click-throughs to your site!- a necessary tool for any internet marketeer.
So, why would I want to shorten my tiny url?
Long url's are hard to remember. If you happen to be an internet marketeer, or have joined an affiliate program, or, if you happen to be upstart blogger wanting to develop a wide base of followers, then you do need a short url. For one, it would be easier to remember for your readers. I have struggled for a long time with my own long url (http://bigdaddyrichard-swirlingthoughts.blogspot.com/) in the past! I wanted a shorter one when I started blogging. But being a newbie then, I didn't know how to do it! I innocently editted my url name through my blogger dashboard, and instantly I became invisible to everyone. I lost my technorati rating and page rank altogether.  I simply didn't know how to go about it then. I also didn't know then that there exists URL forwarders like urlzoom.org! So I reverted back to my old, hard to remember url. Today, I am happy to have joined urlzoom.org. Since I blog a lot, I often cut and paste my own url as a link. With a shorter url, the job is now a cinch!
Shorter url's are also helpful in conducting mailing campaigns. They are manageable and easy to remember. If you happen to have joined an affiliate marketing program (such as amazon.com), chances are you have an incredibly long url to manage as is common. Chances are, you may also not want to reveal your affiliation on the onset in your e-mail campaigns. With urlzoom.org, you not only get a short url, you also get a trackable tiny url which keeps track of all the click-throughs going to your site including the time, the date and the referring sites. The best thing about this is it's free! You just need to register with your email address and you're in. Enjoy tracking your stats!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment